Thursday, May 22, 2008
That's a loooooong way down, Boo!
So like I mentioned earlier, my errands took me to the mall today. As I perused the rows of cheap shoes at Reflections--which come on, appeal to about 2% of the population (the other 98% that shop there must be strippers or wanna-be strippers), and comfortable to those who only weigh about a buck 'o five--I saw a group of girls with skunk highlights and muffin tops...all wearing the same shoes that must be in the Bro Hoe Manual.
Big black platform sandals...a style indigenous to the I.E.
I'm puzzled. What, exactly, is their appeal? I have a few dear friends who wear them--the bedazzled ones, to boot--but I've never thought to ask why they've taken a shine to them. Apparently they go with everything...capris, bootcut flares, skinny jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses, skorts. And wife-beaters! Rain or shine. Formal or casual. They are the shoe of choice out here.
If I am being ruthlessly honest, I don't like them. They are just strange. Chanklas are just not made to be worn eight pairs at a time.
It's unnatural. Not to mention dangerous. I wonder if the County hospital in Murder Valley has a high incident rate of ankle sprains. Fontana Kaiser? Loma Linda? Parkview Community?