12.31.2009

Dance Par-tay!

One of the distinct memories I have growing up were the grown folks parties.

I mean, c'mon...gather a group of beaners, all their chil'rens, the food, the music...doesn't take much to tip in the direction of a party, know what I'm sayin'? Of course, the adults (aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends) in the family were not to be hindered by the fact that they all averaged about 4 children apiece. They would carry on with their plans and their cocktails and we (the chil'rens) would run around outside, play tag, hide and seek, hot lava, basketball, baseball, ride bikes, etc. etc. whilst the adults in the family got their party on. My uncle was a DJ, so once the music started blaring, we knew what was going down that night.

Of course, we were always well taken care of, fed, had sweaters on when it got chillly, they brought us in to play when it got too dark outside etc. etc. but I think it would have been alot of fun if we were invited in to share in the party.

Right?

Now that I'm an old married woman, this is what we do. When the family gets together, we don't shoo the chil'rens outside while we entertain ourselves.

We have a dance par-tay.

They love it. My mama loves it. It's hilariously funny. A good time is had by all.

Last year, my sister bought the chil'rens a tiny strobe light, a disco ball and a cd with lots of dance music--they loved it. So we've carried on the tradition again this year.

As you watch this video, pardon the sound of my man voice as I roll call all of the chil'rens names to get their attention. Heh. And Xixi. Oh, Xixi. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Enjoy. Hope you had a very merry Christmas.

And tomorrow? New Year's Eve. The holidays are flying right past us.

3 comments:

  1. Your Xixi is too funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I have great memories of all the cousins getting together for the holidays, too. (sigh) I miss that part of life, to be sure.

    Here's a Happy New Year to you, dear one! I pray the coming year will be filled with amazing adventures, laughter and joy! May you have strength through the hard times and peace throughout this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh myyy gawwdd......xixi...is sooooo cute
    that was soo funny, I'm still laughing
    thanks for that...

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover