10.22.2011

Why zombies have scarred me for life

Since its Halloween time, you cannot escape the endless ads for scary movies that run incessantly during October. If I see another Paranormal Activity 3 ad, I think I will gouge out my own eyeballs. Late at night seems to be the only time I watch TV, thanks to a mountainous pile of laundry and six chil'rens who control the remote.

That seems to be the exact time TV programmers decide to run scary movie previews. Whenever commercials for AMC's show, The Walking Dead come on, I duck and run for cover. Eeeeek.

I just posted about accidentally stumbling onto a zombie movie with my kids right there on Friday at Babycenter's MOMformation titled, Do you let your kids watch scary movies?

You see, I am not a big fan of horror movies. Especially zombie movies. Zombie movies just take me over the edge. I don't know what it is, but the thought of the human race decomposing or mutating and dying and coming back to life as a monster that wants to eat you just freaks me the hell out. The gray color of their skin. The blackened blood coming out of their mouths. The rotting teeth. The way they walk.

And...braaaaains!  

Shiver.

I blame my dad. When my little brother and I were five and six years old, he thought it would be fun rite of passage to let us watch Night of the Living Dead. It was so not fun.

Who does this?

To this day, the movie creeps me out, especially in the beginning when Johnny and Barbara are at the cemetery and you can see a zombie walking in the distance. The horror. It just makes me want to kick my legs like an egg-beater. Even though the movie itself is pretty cheesy and way less bloody and scary by today's zombie standards, it traumatized me quite thoroughly.

I would never let my five and six year old watch a movie like that. I wouldn't even let my teenager watch it! Even if they begged me. They wouldn't sleep for weeks. Believe me, I know. I don't care how old I am, I will always believe a zombie will rise from the ground, chase me down and feast on my brain.

Always.

Are you a fan of zombie movies?

4 comments:

  1. I have never watched a zombie movie - or even a horror flick. Personal choice! My kids weren't allowed to watch them either ... imagine my shock when I found out that their babysitter let them watch ALL of them when my kids were 4 and 5 years old!!! Good thing i didn't find out until they were a LOT older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zombie movies! I love scary movies period, but they scare the life out of me. It's a sick fascination. I don't know why I do that to myself. I have seen both of the previous paranormal activity movies and they scared me for weeks on end. Especially the first. I only decided to see the second because my guy stopped working nights. I couldn't sleep for a week after seeing the first. I was soooo scared to close my eyes at night! I also would close my eyes or mute the tv during the late night commercials. I hate how they felt like they just came out of nowhere! I am probably going to see PA3 tonight, although I am very scared. My guy likes to scare me. The other night I fell asleep in the living room and he woke me up by saying Bloody Mary 3 times in a scary voice! How mean is that? haha. Sorry I just hijacked your blog :) But, I totally feel you on the Zombie fear, but I love em still! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and my kids cannot watch any scary movies. My oldest is only 7 and she is a long way off. Besides, she's a scaredy cat like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I despise zombie movies. I was never traumatized by one, but I just think they're gross. My son is only one, and I don't plan on letting him watch horror movies for about 29 years. I watched the Freddy movies when I was little and had nightmares for life.

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover